LYS Game Day Coaching
- Be organized and have a routine
- NO Profanity (if coach hears it, pull the player and sit them for a handful of minutes)
- Get there early
- Educate parents on importance of game day
- Being early for the teams routine
- Having their kid be prepared (shoes, socks, gear)
- Sideline coaching is a NO NO
- What you (the coach) are trying to accomplish
Avoid “JoyStick” Coaching
- NO (shoot, pass, dribble)
- Provide a decision for them, instead of demanding them to do what you want.
- Refer to LYS Verbiage Doc.
- (man on, shoulder, rondo, etc.)
- ALWAYS thank the opposing coach and Refs post game
- Some games are very tough for a coach, but WE (coaches) have to be the best role model possible
- Have a huddle after the game to go over the game and tell the kids how awesome they are!